Tuesday, September 25, 2018

My apartment in the slums of Cairo

From 2005 until 2009 I rented an apartment in the slums of Old Cairo being renovated by the Aga Khan Foundation for Culture at the edge of Darb Al Ahmar's Al Azhar Park, a place that had formerly been a huge landfill/garbage dump, transformed by international teams and local experts into a beautiful recreation venue with botanical gardens, playgrounds, waterfalls and restaurants.



This gave me an opportunity to live among the impoverished communities and experience the same deprivations they did in electricity, hot and cold running water, heating and cooling and municipal services like trash pickup.  To live well I challenged myself and my neighbors to create our own solar hot water systems and biogas systems and other amenities.





























1 comment:

Blogger said...

Listen...

This may sound a little creepy, maybe even a little "strange"

HOW would you like it if you could simply press "PLAY" to listen to a short, "magical tone"...

And suddenly attract MORE MONEY into your LIFE?

And I'm talking about thousands... even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!

Sounds way too EASY? Think it couldn't possibly be REAL??

Well then, I'll be the one to tell you the news.

Sometimes the greatest blessings life has to offer are the easiest to RECEIVE!

In fact, I'm going to PROVE it to you by letting you PLAY a real-life "miracle abundance tone" I developed...

YOU simply press "PLAY" and the money will start coming into your life. starting so fast, you will be surprised.

TAP here now to PLAY this mysterious "Miracle Abundance Tone" - it's my gift to you!